Creating/Editing/Deleting custom Activities
Admin can create custom Activities to better reflect their organization’s hiring process. Default Activities may be renamed or deleted. Currently, each Crelate organization is able to have up to 15 unique Activities on our Professional, 20 on Business and 30 on Enterprise. Creating, editing, or deleting Activities requires a Crelate administrator account.
You may also reference our video on this process here: Custom Activity Video
To access the Activities section, first navigate to Settings and then click on the Activities tile under Basic Setup. The Activities slider will appear on the right side of the screen. To create a new Activity, click on the green plus sign (Add new Activity type). The Activity customization fields will appear below the list of currently existing Activity types.
The Activity Name, Plural Name, and Past Tense are what the user wishes to call the new Activity. These names will appear when the Crelate organization references this item. The Abbreviation is what the Activity is labeled when the full name is not visible (most frequently, on small and medium sized Candidate tiles on the Search Board). The Icon is the graphic associated with the Activity (usually seen on Candidate tiles on the Search Board and relevant Activity Streams). Users may also set a Color for the Activity type.
Users may set a Mode on the Activity type. This can set the specified Activity to prompt the user if they would like to send a calendar invitation to recipients or subjects related to the specified Activity type, prompt the user to fill out a Placement form, or behave as a standard activity record.
Below, we will discuss additional custom actions you can take with each activity:
1. Setting Available On will determine which record types the created Activity will appear. By default, Activity Types are set to no records. Users must determine which records the created Activity type will appear under otherwise it will be unavailable for use.
2. Reach out - Only activities that are marked as a ‘reach-out’ activity will update the Last Reach Out Date. You may select the drop down to address when, if ever, you'd like that date to update.
3. Engagement will update the last engagement date whenever that activity is completed on a record. You may select the drop down to address when, if ever, you'd like that date to update.
4. By setting Allow Attaching Documents, users can attach a document to a created Activity. Unless a user sets this option, users will be unable to attach Documents directly to an Activity. Enabling this option will produce two additional options: to Select document type and Attachment is Required. Select Document Type allows any document attached to the Activity type to automatically be treated as the selected Document Type. Attachment is Required ensures that the Activity Type cannot be saved without first attaching a document.
5. You may select if you'd like to include a default activity template for a given activity. This will automatically populate that template when creating that activity.
6. Mentions can be enabled, enabled using the @ symbol, or completely disabled
7. Notes may contain a very similar rule listing to your activities. You may enable or disable the the reach-out/engagement option here. This way, when creating a note, you may choose if you'd like that to update this date field.
There are additional settings under Advanced Settings. These settings are generally designed for Hiring Manager users, but may still be useful for standard users. A dialogue widow will appear with additional settings in the middle of the screen after opening the blue link.
Setting Enable Approval and Disapproval will allow the option for non-Hiring Manager users to offer their approval on the specific Activity Type. Setting Approval or disapproval ratings is required will force a user to offer their approval or disapproval when using the specified Activity type. Setting Regarding field is required will necessitate filling the Regarding field on the selected Activity type before saving. Enabling Default the ‘Assigned to’ owner to current hiring manager will set the currently set Hiring Manager as the defaulted “Assigned to.”
After making the desired changes to the Activity Type, click the green Save button at the top of the screen. Then refresh the browser. The changes made will now be applicable throughout your Crelate Organization.
Editing an Activity Type
Users may wish to rename Activity Types to better reflect their hiring process. They may also wish to make certain Activity Types available on one or other records. To edit an existing Activity Type, navigate to Settings and then click on the Activities tile. The Activities slider will appear on the right side of the screen. Next, click on any existing Activity Type. The selected Activity Type will appear highlighted in green. The edit fields will appear below.
After editing any field, click the green Save button and then refresh the browser. The system will enact the changes throughout your Crelate organization.
Deleting an Activity Type
Users may wish to remove Activity Types that are no longer relevant to their Crelate organization. Note that once an Activity Type is in use, users must delete all prior instances of that Activity before being able to delete the Activity Type. To delete an Activity Type, navigate to Settings and then click the Activities tile. The Activities slider will appear on the right side of the screen. Highlight the desired Activity type and then click the red minus sign (Delete the selected Activity type).
Clicking Delete the selected Activity type will cause the Activity to no longer appear on the list. Click the green Save button and then refresh the browser. The system will remove the Activity Type from your Crelate organization and will no longer be available.
We also have a video on this topic that can be found here!