Crelate allows you to create a custom form, or questionnaire, for applicants to use when they apply to your portal. You can configure a custom form on a job-by-job basis, or use a few forms (or one) for every job.
You may also view our video on this topic here: Managing Application Forms- Video
To create a custom form, go to Settings> Custom Forms
The Form is comprised of 3 parts:
- Application Forms
- Activity Templates
- Form Questions
- Go to Settings> Forms
- Scroll to the bottom and go to Configure Shared Form Questions and click on the '+' icon to create a new question.
- When the dialog box appears, type in your Question, and Question Type. There are several question types:
- Long Answer
- Long Answer with Rating
- Short Answer
- You're able to map directly to a document that you have existing in your database.
- Custom Picklist (single managing)
- Custom Picklist (multiple choice)
- Rating (1-5)
- Yes / No
- Click Save
- Go to Settings>Application Forms
- Scroll to the middle and go to Configure Forms and click on the '+' icon to create a new form.
- When the dialog box appears, type in the name of your Form in Form Name (ie, Product Manager Form)
- In the box below, start to type the name of the Section you created in the Creating Sections section. When you see your Section appear, click on it to add it to the Form. You can add multiple Sections to a Form, and choose from Pre-Existing sections and questions, or create a new sections and questions.
- Click Save
Adding your form to a Job or to your "General Application"
- Go to Jobs>[ YOUR JOB ]> and double click to open
- On the main job form, under the details area, click Add>Application Form
- Select the Form that you want to use (ie, Product Manager Form) and click Save at the top of the Job Form.
- The Job will now use the configured form. If you haven't published your Job, please see: How to: Publish a Job for directions on how to publish your Job
- To add to your general application, just below the application forms section in your settings area, you'll see an option to "default application form." Adding an application form here will attach that to your 'general application' section on your portal.
The Applicant Experience
When an applicant goes to apply, they will fill in their name, resume and contact information, but now they can also fill in the questions on the form that you have applied to the Job.